Monday, May 11, 2009

Congratulations to the Blackhawks

Congratulation to the Blackhawks. You were the hungrier team in this series. Good luck against your next opponent in the West Final.

It is looking like you will play against the Wings next, and since I can't think of a team I love to dislike more, I will be cheering for you. I also hate Pronger, so if you draw the Ducks, I will root for you as well.

If you were just a hockey fan watching this game, this game was exciting. Unlike the trap hockey we saw in the middle of the series, this game had goals and was it ever exciting. I was so nervous throughout the entire game, the emotions were just killing me. I thought that with Shane O'Brien getting his first goal as a Canuck, something was going to go right for the Canucks. I'm not going to pick apart the faults of tonights game, because it shouldn't have come down to this one, but it was frustrating to watch 7 goals go in on Luongo. In the end though, it's just a game

At the beginning of the year, the Canucks were not even predicted to make the playoffs. We came out strong in the beginning of the season, and when Luongo went out with an injury, it was accepted that our season may be over. The boys persevered and weathered through games missed by Luongo. Going through a 9 game losing streak had people jumping off of the bandwagon like lemurs only to bounce back with a strong stretch drive to the playoffs that helped them get the NW Division title. We swept the St. Louis Blues in the first round and met a better team in the second.

I am impressed at the Canucks for what they did this year. They have had 2 members of the Canucks family that met their tragic end too soon in their young lives. I have been impressed so far about the transformation that Gillis has brought in as the new GM, this summer should be an interesting one for him.

I am still proud to be a Canuck fan.

This summer will be an interesting summer for the Canucks with many big contracts coming up during this year (the Sedins/Ohlund) and looking forward to next year (Luongo/Kesler). The Olympics will be in our city next year and everyone will be pumped for that as well.

After 2 years of no playoffs, it's nice to have had the feeling back in the city. So I'm looking forward to next year, and for how the rest of the playoffs will play out.

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry for your loss. Yes, I would have rather have had the Blues in your position in the 2nd round since we were 4-1-1 against Chicago this year. My hatred for the Blackhawks supersedes my disappointment in the sweep, so I was cheering for you.

    I now suppose that if the Wings make it to the Conference finals (and it looks like they will), I'll be rooting for Team Meteor to crash out of the sky and solve 2 of our problems at once. If that doesn't happen, I suppose I'd be more content with a Blackhawks Western Conference championship, because it shows good things are ahead for other cities with a youth movement, like StL. Good season you guys - see you next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job with your end of the blogging, VCC. You're always welcome to contribute at CLS. The Canucks certainly must be disappointed right now, but at least they have something to build on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. The disappointment and pain has subsided. It was nice to be able to write with you Laura on this, your photos are hilariously funny, and thanks for the free reign I had James.

    I hate Detroit, and can't stand Pronger or Getzlaf, so Go Team Meteor Go! Does that mean the Pens will just get the Cup in 5 more wins?

    ReplyDelete